Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Monday!

It's now official. Lent/Holy Week/Easter is past. (is that possible?)! What a glorious time it was!!!!! And, I went on Facebook last night and this morning! YIKES! This time to post pix from the past 44 days and check on friends.( that's what I missed, most! )! I hope I don't slip back into old habits again, but of course, first thing this morning, I did get on FB. (eye roll). It's going to have to be a discipline for me to not do that first thing every morning. While I love seeing what is going on in my friends lives and to catch everyone that's asked me for some updated pix of the grands, I hope that I will be more disciplined and not get on any more during the day . And, always AFTER I do my Bible Study! Another thing, I won't be hopping on all day long. I don't know why, but sometimes I would find myself getting on while waiting for a store to open/ sitting at a traffic light/ when I was bored. That is the habit I am trying to break most. And to ask myself, "why do I really want to get on FB/Instagram so often? What did I do before social media became the craze?" This "social media" world is almost out of control. And I was part of it!

I truly learned a lot of other things during this Lenten Journey. I learned more about my faith. About my new denomination. About how to handles stresses. I learned a lot about...ME. I know , now, I can stick to disciplines! I also have dropped some  personal weight, (as in pounds) , along with dropping the weight of social media. The question is, can I keep both under control? I will, God willing! I feel lighter/less stressed/more in control. Yes, life keeps throwing the usual curve balls, but I'm trying to let those go and get right back up to bat. Many things have been shown to my by God that life isn't all  about ME. MY kids or MY grandkids. While, obviously, they are utmost important in my life, there are many other facets of life that needs attention. I'm on a learning curve and trying to focus more spiritual things as well as sharing what I know. (As little as that may appear to  be!)!

I will continue to blog ! Not every. single. day. Whew! But, strangely enough, I loved blogging early in the morning before the sun came up and before I got busy with everyday things! It was awesome! So, I will continue doing that. Every morning, during Lent, God just filled my spirit with so much to think about and share. I'm so thankful for the past, what, 44 days???? I never had "writer's block". Not once. I believe it was because God had called me to do this during Lent. And, I am going to compile these writings and see what I might want to do with them.....

So what did I take away most from my Lenten experience??? One of the main ones was praying more.I've always been a PRAY-ER but I have stepped up my Prayer life. Praying intently for several God put on my mind. I'm still praying for those people and will continue to. Some are in the middle of a health crisis. Others are looking for other employment. A few ,I don't even know personally, but am praying for them  as if I do know them in that way. It doesn't matter if they don't know me, but hopefully, they will feel some peace in some of their circumstances because of being lifted up in prayer---even by a stranger. Isn't that what we are called to do? I'm also trying , when I pray, not to pray so selfishly. The "santa claus litany of prayers" list I am trying to whittle down. Yes, God wants to hear my prayers for me/myself/my family. But, I'm learning, ever so slowly, to widen that prayer circle and have me/mine at the very bottom.

Spring Break begins for Hoover kids this week ! We are excited to be going to visit a friend who has a house in Orange Beach, Ala. Can't wait to hang with Nat/Kemp and Daisy for a few days! And, this coming week-end, Katie/Jon/kids are coming to celebrate a "belated Easter" week-end with us. Life continues to come at breakneck speed and I love it! So, I will be busy but still trying to stay connected with God during all parts of my life.

Praying that your SPRING time will be filled with: Flowers/friends/Faith/Fun. we, in Alabama, have more storms than anything else in Spring and it is quickly replaced by good ole Alabama heat. Our Spring lasts a milli-second so I am going to enjoy it! (even though I am coughing and sneezing as I write this!)....

As my Lenten Journey ends, I truly thank you for following me while on my Journey. I am amazed at those who have visited my blog, (I see the numbers and I am shocked), and for overlooking my poor English skills and misspelled words, etc. I loved English Class in school but did NOT like contractions/sentence breakdowns, etc. LOL. Thank you for encouraging me and texting and emailing me. That means everything!

Please, come back often.I'll be here. If I miss a few days, I'll be back. May God continue to pour His blessings on you and yours!

No comments: