Thursday, March 17, 2016

Day 36 Lenten Journey

Sea of Galilee
Porch time is back in full swing!  (no pun intended , as I spend so much time ON the swing! LOL!). It was so much fun sitting on the porch last night with Katie ,after the kids went to bed and we could sit and talk. My little "fairy lights" were on and it was so nice to be able to have a conversation without hearing, "Stop, Carter! Ella Kate, don't touch Beckett!" Yall be quiet so I can talk to GranJan! LOL! Yes, she/Jon and kidlets are here for a couple of days! I got to swing my precious angel bebe (and kiss his face off) and go running around with Katie/Miss EK to do some errands earlier in the day  and , later in the afternoon, got to watch Carter and his dad play baseball in the backyard. Bliss! Today , Jon/Katie have some errands to run while  I  babysit and, shocker,  they get to have lunch together. ALONE. (or even if they take Beckett, it's like being alone! He's the best baby , hands down, that I've ever seen. That angel just smiles/eats and sleeps!). Love it when they pop in like that. Of course "popping in" from Atlanta takes over 3 hours. UGH!  But, I love that Katie can "fly by the seat of her pants" and make decisions to just do things , whenever. A chip off the old block. Looking forward to the day when they won't have to fight Atlanta traffic for well over an hour, just to get out of town and come! Since she and Jon married, they have lived here only a couple of months. So, I've never had the privilege of being able to run to her house or vice versa without driving for a few hours. Maybe not much longer for that! And I will be so THANKFUL when that happens!

Looking towards Palm Sunday this week-end! As Bama weather would have it, a cool snap is coming and it's going to be chilly on Palm Sunday Morning. After sitting on the porch at 75 degrees, at night the week, this is a bummer. And I even got sunburned on Tuesday!  Oh well, Easter's coming. And probably by then, no more cold. But, to be honest, we've had SUCH a mild winter this year. Thank goodness. I love living in the South and not having to shovel snow or wear huge coats more than a day or two! PTL!

"Thankful Thursday" is what I'm calling today. Thankful that I have family/friends and a God who loves me. Since the Cullens are here, no time for a long blog spot today, but I sure can add some pictures! Remember all that God has blessed you with. And. Be. Thankful.
Love when they are here. Move back,already! BUT, I'm thankful. LOL


#warmweathermakesmehappy #thankYouGodforSpring #NewLife #JoyFULL #givethankswithagrateFULLheart



No comments: