Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Day 27, Lenten Journey

Saturday afternoon I attended my very first "Ordination" service in the Anglican church.






We have 4 new deacons from our midst and one new priest! Some of the deacons will continue towards becoming a priest. One became "Father Michael" on Saturday! it was an amazing service. (About as far from my usual UMC Contemporary worship in the past, as it comes!)! I felt as if I were in London (hey, wait a minute, that's where Anglicans come from! LOL). Our group leader, Hunter, was one of those ordained on Saturday. It was awesome to have "our young leader" becoming a deacon. This was a big deal! A HUGE deal, believe you me! 2 Bishops were there, too. It was lovely/meaningful and spiritual. I made pictures for Hunter b/c I wanted to make him an album later on. We're actually going to dinner with our Small Group tonight to honor him and watch him fly from the nest. It's hard to believe it's been almost 2 years since we began meeting every 2 weeks. He is leaving to go to a church in North Carolina where he will be a part of another Anglican church and will have duties there in the church. He is so ready and excited!  However, I'm so sad and happy at the same time. How I will miss him walking in the house on Small Group night with his joy and fun nature with a plate of his own brownies to share. He is an amazing person. I have learned so much from him and , hopefully, our Small Group has given him some additional "life story" tidbits to weave into his new ministry. He has a new girlfriend who probably won't be a girlfriend very long. Soon she will probably be his fiancee! It's been pure joy to watch his ministry unfold and hear his joys/struggles/laughter and wisdom. (who says a young guy can't have wisdom?!)?....Here are a few pix from Saturday. Hunter is the tallest one (and the one I made the most pix of, lol).....






















So thankful that on Day 27, I can reflect on God's glory revealed in one so young who feels the call to the priesthood. After 8 years at Samford and Beeson Divinity School, he definitely knows this is what he wants to do. His family must be so proud. I know I was. After all, he's one of my "boys" now!

#joyinthejourney #huntermovesforward #wesupportyou #peoplewillbeblessed #huntercarriesthecross

No comments: