Friday, February 19, 2016

Day 10 "the company I keep"

I'm almost getting behind!!! I have been so busy in my little Crafty Hut that I almost forgot to blog today! YIKES! I'm trying hard to blog each day!

Because it's late afternoon and Big T will soon be in from golf, I am going to hit another question from Tozer:

 What company do you enjoy???

Oh wow! this is awesome! soooooo many people! Don't you agree? the company of people I love to be around most, are probably old friends / some new ones that have the same likes I do/  and church friends. Hands down. (Goes without saying I love to be with my family, too, we have so much fun together! ).

It wasn't always like that , tho. There were times when the company I kept was "impressing people company". Never was impressed  by them--nor , I'm sure, they were EVER impressed with ME.  Or  you might define that  kind of company that is all a part of "game playing company". you know what I mean. Like, going to a cocktail party comes to mind. People you don't really know, peeps (even myself back in the day) trying to impress everybody there by their clothes/ their knowledge/ their financial status or their impressive friend list.( Hey, I have about 800 friends on FaceBook but half of them, no, 3/4 of them, I wouldn't really enjoy their company at lunch  that much! HAHA!)!
 The company we  DO keep these days (besides family) truly exists of those who we have "weeded out" or have "re-planted". I don't mean that to sound snobby or impressive, but just the company we now keep are people we trust and people who share the same interests as we do. Like Christian friends. Friends you can share your views with and even if they disagree they respect you and "agree to disagree". Friends you can break bread together with which reminds me that Jesus loved eating at friends homes!! Always/always it seems that at the table, you can share with dear friends.   And Jesus loved breaking bread with His buds. It's the best : talking/sharing your faith with the company you keep. It builds you up vs. tears you down like some parties that we used to attend.  I've been there/done that. Standing around in an outfit I worried to death about how I looked in it only to realize people could really care less.  I've stood around in many parties over the years,  looking for someone to talk to that doesn't want to monopolize the conversation with accolades for themselves or talk endlessly about their own family--(their "straight A  and gifted children"/ their new car/ their vacation home/ their expensive vacations/ their decorator !).  Glad those days are over!

.  And , while I'm on a roll! the same goes for high school reunions. Oh good gosh! I get so tired of people planning reunions 2 years ahead of time and are living for  that one night to spend with old high school friends to re-connect.  It's all fine and good to want to see friends, but I think some have this idea that they are going to re-create their high school days again. They worry about their weight/ what they are going to wear/ who they are going to see (will I remember who is who?)/  Should I dance and make a fool of myself like I did in high school? /afraid the same cliques that were there "in the day" are still there (duh, yes) and finally the endless  talking about "the old days". The  "good old days" that weren't really that great after all because we worried about the same stuff then as now!!!!!!! HAHAHA!!!! Yes, it's fun to be with old friends, but count me out of old high school reunions. I've "been there /done that" and have been on reunion committees, etc., but, hey, no more. It was fun, but I have a life. That is no revolving around "the good old days". My "good old days" are NOW!!!  and the people I want to see now, I see  and meet for lunch or hang with--many from high school, true, because our friendship was built on faith/trust and love, and from being in the same church. It's those friendships, (some actually began in the Nursery dept of church!) that have continued today , many of those friends are still my besties.

 I love my friends but I am now at the age where, these are the important things to me:
 wearing my glasses vs. my contacts around them (big for me. I'm still at least THAT vain) / if I want to suggest meeting at Panera vs. a nice fancy restaurant and say "let's go Dutch"/ if I can suggest to my friend let's  go blueberry picking  / Or tell a bestie, "let's go to the Thrift Store and find some furniture to re-do!" / or, come over and hang with me while Terry's gone, we'll talk half the night--Yes,these are the friends I crave. I need. I have. I love. That is the BEST company I could ever desire or hope for!

So, the company I keep ? I LOVE!
 And I am soooooo thankful to God for each and every one of you. You know who you are!!!!!!!!! "Find new friends but keep the old, some are silver and the others gold" 

#carryon #LentenJourney #companyukeep
#thankful4myfriends #Jesusloved2eatwithfriends

No comments: