Sunday, February 21, 2016

2nd Sunday in Lent: Day 12



Lily, our oldest grandchild/g'daughter, is trying out for cheerleader this week at her school. It's a big deal! She is going to practice every day after school. Her mama, Kadie, was a cheerleader, so I'm sure, besides practice, she's giving her some good tips! I'm making her a little card to send her each day because she loves cards and puts every one I've ever made on her bulletin board (sweet!).  Just  sending her a little "grandma encouragement" as she goes through her first real "grown up" feelings/emotions. And the exhaustion of it all overwhelms her. How is it even possible she is 11? Seems like yesterday we were watching the video where we see "it's a GIRL"! Tears of joy then/ tears of joy now. Our sweet Lily! One of of her notes I'm mailing her I posted the scripture 2Chronicles 16:9. One of my fav verses (I wonder how many times I've said "my fave verses? LOL).As a "newly confirmed" (previously baptized as a baby) pilgrim (so to speak), she is probably old enough now to let some of what she reads sink in.(After all, Jesus was her age when they found him teaching in the temple. Imagine that for a minute! wow!)! At  11, when something happens, it's like the end of the world. Oh, bless that age! In between playing dolls and liking boys. Such an awkward time. Peer pressure is huge and the "tween scene" is just one big ball of hormones, lol. I remember when all 5 of mine were in that "no man's land " I call "tweenville". It's a different set of emotions every day. Up on the mountaintop one day and in the valley of tears the next. "nobody likes me/everybody hates me. Guess I'll go eat worms". Only this generation goes and eats gummy worms. I don't know why I've been praying so hard for Lily, probably Michael/Kadie need the prayers MORE! HAHA

Seriously, tho,  prayer for Lily this week is that she do the best she can/ enjoy the fellowship of her girlfriends and yes, even relax. This will be hard for her as she even puts pressure on herself  (Like when she takes tests! She freaks over tests and almost always scores out of the ballpark! It's just that fear she has that threatens to overwhelm her, bless her )! She wants to do everything and do everything well. And she does so well in everything she does but she worries.( And I worry that SHE worries! HAHA! _. My little "11 year old worry wort". Praying God will comfort her and , no matter the outcome, let her keep her joyFULL spirit.  
 

*So, to my most precious Lil: 
 GO LILY! Cheer Lily!Remember this! Even if you're  not "chosen" for cheerleader, you're chosen by GOD! Chosen to do something incredibly wonderful with your life!!!!!! I can't wait to see!!! This is just a blip on your life, as important as it seems today, but I know, no matter the outcome of the week, you will be fine and that smile will be on your face as always!!!
 One of my own regrets, dear Lil,  is that I didn't stick with cheerleader tryouts when I was your age. I dropped out. I felt like I couldn't do it and was defeated before I even gave myself and God a chance to help me. I remember walking in the house and Mimi said, "why are you here? Don't you have cheerleading practice?" I said, "I'm not doing it . I can't keep up". I remember the disappointment in her face but coupled with that she gave me the biggest  hug. But, oh how  it hurt me that she was disappointed! I didn't realize that she even cared about it! She cared because she loved me.She wanted me to try but she still supported me in my decision to drop out. At that moment I wanted to run back to the school and try again but it was too late. If only I had gotten on my knees in prayer before practice, things might have turned out differently. Yes, even at my "elderly age" I can remember that feeling and it makes me wonder "what if" I had just gone with it? Now I'll never know (sad face).... So, I'm so proud that YOU are sticking it out. Even when it gets hard, give it the best you've got!!! you're the best! And even as old as your GranJan is, I'm still cheering, too! I'm  God's Cheerleader! And I'll be cheering along with Him for you this week!... ( but, hey, next time you see me, just don't ask me to do any of those splits, please.).
 I adore you. I love you. I thank God for giving you to your parents/ to us and to the world.  And who knows, maybe you will find a LADYBUG on the gym floor.









I love my Lilyvanilly girl.**** Good luck, sweet pea. GranJan will be praying for you!!!!! (even more so than usual)

2Chronicles 1-6-9

"For the EYES of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him."


 

#carrythecross #40days #lifechanger #lilylove #cheerleader4God #shelookslikeme 

No comments: