Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Day 8 Time

Today I'm hitting on Question # 4 (from A.W. Tozer)

3.  What do you do with your leisure time?

Now , if I were Terry this is a no brainer!!!!!
 G O L F ! HA! And really, mine is pretty  much a no brainer , too. Scrapbooking/Card Making... (that is, now that I have my scrapbook room back downstairs where it belongs! I moved it upstairs a few years ago but, lazy girl that I am, I just didn't want to "go all the way upstairs" ---I know, I know, that is pathetic. BUT, the real reason I moved the bedroom back upstairs is that Katie/Jon need more room and so now , when she comes to visit, she has MUCH more room to spread out and have more privacy, too. It's a win/win (even though I almost killed myself switching the rooms! Oh Dear Lord, that was a beast!)....

  I can tell you this right off the bat. I am not an artist. I have terrible handwriting. I cannot draw (except pigs and  silly faces--thanks Mimi for showing me how to draw those years ago)  I cannot sketch. I CAN use paper and stickers and scissors, tho. And I CAN use stamps and stamp pads. And I CAN use stencils. And, thankfully,  I CAN create things using the creativity of others!  So, what do I do with that? Make cards/ scrapbook pages/scrapbooks and tags. I make b'day cards/tags. I make pages for (the gazillion) people who still scrapbook the old fashioned way, with a real album and pages. (Although, let me say right here that now almost all of my scrapbooking expertise comes by the digital scrapbook world!). I  love both digital/ "real" scrapbooking but it is so easy now to hop online and create something with the help of online tools/ Shutterfly and Snapfish. (well, KIND of easy, more time consuming that anything else!). BUT, as I look in my closet of all the albums I have created over the years (closets filled to the brim) , I will say, I still enjoy picking one out and looking through it. Digital ones and the old fashioned (made with paper/embellishments: albums where you add real pictures, too). I LOVE looking through my old ones! Of Vacations/ the older grands when they were babies/ Christmas/ Easter albums. And, especially, the albums I made for Mimi. She LOVED looking at my scrapbooks. But, I got that from HER! She was the original "scrapbook queen"! She and Jean Price! That's where I got my love of scrapbooking from!!!!!  Also, there is something about "SNAIL MAIL"---that is mail that comes in the form of a REAL card via the postman, than an email card. To be able to hold a REAL card in your hand, that comes from the mailbox, is awesome. I LOVE to send cards and receive them! The old fashioned way! So, that's my "leisure time" in a nutshell. (although I do take my iPad in there with me and check emails, too. I ain't perfect)....Here's part of my  new room. Don't you love the table? Brad gave  it to me-- it was heading to the trash---(it was from Cathedral Church of the Advent, where he works)-- they were getting rid of it to make more space and he grabbed it and re-finished it for me as a b'day gift! I like to think it might have been an altar table at one time. Who knows? But, I love it. And I love that he made it for me so I can stand (or sit) and work to my heart's delight!



I think , if one uses their gifts (however small they may seem to you, they are big in the eyes of someone else. And even bigger in the eyes of GOD), that you are using the gifts He gave you. Since I have a limited number of gifts (haha), I feel I must use the ones I have. I might add a homemade tag on a gift. Who cares if it ends up in the trash?  (well, let's not go that far!)...For the moment, that person loves it. (hopefully, wink wink). Natalie was thrilled to death b/c on Valentine's Day I gave her a packet of tags. She told me she was "out" a couple of weeks ago and she loves tying them on gifts. When I gave them to her, I don't think she would've been happier if I'd have given her $100 dollars .  Scratch that, but she was happy. LOL! And, how easy is it to make a card for someone,(anyone can do it!), and add a scripture or some words to make that person feel special or encouraged? So, I try. (and I have an little shop on Etsy to feed my ego and sell a few tags/scrapbooks here and there). And nothing is more relaxing to me than walking in that room, taking a deep breath, opening the curtains, turn on some praise music and pick up a pair of scissors and some paper. It's my HAPPY PLACE. no doubt about it.

So, today, think about your gifts.If you are thinking, "I don't have any", you are WRONG. There is something you do that is special. For yourself. For others. For God.  Ask Him. And then think about your leisure time, like I'm trying to do this morning. Is it glorifying God? Or is it mindless and routine. (like mine was getting on FB first thing every morning). Go create something. Or do something. Or give something.. Just DO something. Cause if you don't use those gifts, you are short changing someone else by the gift you could be sharing with them. Go for it.......
*Here I am last July 17th (my b'day) taking an album I had made to show Mimi. Old pictures of me as a baby/ a young Mimi and lots of memories. (Natalie/kids came too).. Special day/special memories. And now that book means even more.








#useyourgifts #askHim #spendtime4others #preaching2thechoir #carrythecross #40days

No comments: