Tuesday, January 11, 2011

still stuck in ice!

Well, at first I actually enjoyed being stuck at home, in my lounge-y (is that a word?) Pajamas, but now it's getting boring. Terry left this morning to go to work, he HAD to b/c he leaves around 3:00 A.M. for JAMAICA again! So, guess he figured he'd blaze the trail to work regardless. He did call a bit ago and said it was pretty darn slippery ,(in other words, DON'T YOU DRIVE!), but he said it's getting better. It's also getting COLDER! Going to be frigid tomorrow and Thursday. Great. Love the frigid days. Not.....Here is my "pix of the day!' I shot a few, I'll have to decide which ones out of the ones I shot will make it into my actual album. Hey! I'm doing good! I'm making the pix and printing them out! Sound easy? SHOULD BE, but my pictures aren't going into the right files on my Apple! GO FIGURE! Where they are is anyone's guess! (JON???). WHY CAN'T I FIGURE THIS OUT! Tell me I'm not that dumb!!! Here's what I have to do...I have to shoot the pix/ go get the external hard drive and plug into my laptop and load. Then, I have to take the external drive back to the Apple to print. ARGHHHHH!!! It's annoying!!! So, I can't WAIT for Jon to get here to help me figure this out next week-end!!! He will probably flip out when he sees all those blank files that are showing up on my Apple. Sorry to ramble but it is what it is!

NOW, hoping the ICE leaves and soon!!!!!! BORED!!!! I have started my "secret project" for my kids, tho, so that has kept me a bit entertained. Thank goodness for my craft room!!!! It's my special place to : CREATE/DREAM/PRAY/WORK WITH MY HANDS/FOCUS (something I don't do well except in there!)/SING/LISTEN TO PRAISE MUSIC/CRY/LAUGH/Did I mention PRAY? lol. If you don't have a spot to call your own, I strongly suggest you get one! You might not have a craft room, maybe you have a sun room where you can have some time alone. Or the shower! or on the porch swing (my other fav place during spring/summer/fall!). Or even in the car when you're driving (just don't shut your eyes when you are praying! BAHAHAHAHA!)! Everyone needs a place to be ALONE. Having 5 kids, for YEARS  I didn't have much time to be me. I almost lost who I was at times. I was Charles/Michael/Natalie/Patrick/Katie's mom/driver/cheer-leader/teacher and housekeeper. Suddenly I have time  with just me and I love it (but some days , I must admit, I miss the bedlam! LOL). Now it's me and little Chi and Big T!!! NICE!!!! But sometimes I just wanna be with ME. And God. I think He really does love for us to plop down for a minute and chat or listen (i do more chatting! HA!). So , my advice for the day? Find your oasis where you can sit and be still. Better yet, be still with GOD! Even for a moment. you'll be glad you did!

Oh and the last few pictures I just had to post b/c this is one of my greatest joys! Being an ALABAMA FAN. ALL MY LIFE I've been a fan---it's in my blood! Daddy and I used to go to the games and some of my fondest memories are of us sitting there together in the stands at Legion Field cheering for the best team in the land!  He would be dressed up (we all used to DRESS UP when we went to an Alabama game!) and he'd have his coat and tie on and there weren't any cussing or watching teams drink and act ugly. It was just time to pull for your team. Not putting down other teams, (except for that day) just pulling and screaming as loud as you could with "ROOOOOLL TIDE ROLL!" After the game, Daddy would always buy me new shakers and I'd open the window and scream at all the fans on the way home. It was so much fun. I miss those days of football. Now it's so much about individual achievment vs. team effort. I hate that. Terry has gotten to where he doesn't even care about college football anymore b/c he says its not the same either. That's sad. Maybe one day it will go back to the way it was. But doubtful. Now a lot of the players are looking to the future of how much money they will make vs. making a team great. And I'm talking about ALL the college teams (so no emails that I'm talking about "Certain teams"!). Oh well, I still love my Crimson Tide but I do worry about the future of college football. What a legacy of greatness it was and can be!!!   Still I will alway say (or should say) scream: ROLL TIDE ROLL! * and Daddy, I bet you're smiling.











4 comments:

Dad said...

:):):) iced in here again today. I know how you feel....I'm ready TO GET OUT!!!! :))))

Dad said...

Janice...how weird was the above???? I'm not DAD.....and I wrote that!!! This is KONIE....I''ll see what it does again.....p.s. i just saw it and it's still "dad". WEIRD

Dad said...

ok...I just realized what happend!!! KEN has been on my computer:)) I may be "DAD" any time I write so pay attention!! :):)

JaniceFry said...

Hahaha, I was beginning to think DAddy commented on my blog about him! HAHAHAHAHA