Saturday, January 8, 2011

Project 365 continues....(so far so good)!

Well, just like always, when the weatherman even MENTIONS there could be a POSSIBILITY of a snowflake, everyone in town rushes to the store! NOT ME! I am not getting snookered into this web of deception! LOL! I SOOO wish I had the pix I saw on FB someone had made in the grocery store with EMPTY shelves where bread would be! Isn't that HYSTERICAL? What is so funny is that everyone laughs about it but everyone still goes and stocks up. Like we're having a blizzard or something! Even if we did, would bread/milk be the thing we'd really want? HA! Anyway, like always, we will watch and see what happens. I could be wrong (I have been a couple of times), but I predict only NORTH ALABAMA will get anything---(KATIE! That means YOU!)! .....Last night after we came in from eating dinner, Terry went and turned on the T.V. but it wouldn't turn on. So, we tried everything and he went into the garage where our cable is, etc. and said, "that's odd, the refrigerator is out too". Well, then he looked where we had a little heater plugged in and would you believe that the socket had MELTED ? We could've, literally, had our house to burn down (with Chi Chi and Jezzie in the house too!). It was SCARY. It was truly a miracle we weren't burned up!!!! I think I know whose fault it is (ME ME ME) and should've known better than to do that. SO, Big T is in the garage now trying to figure out how to fix it. The latest is he needs an electrician. We ended up plugging the refrig to the laundry room (he doesn't want to lose his fish! I, however, wasn't concerned about that! HAHA), but not sure about the T.V. Oh well, glad it's not ALABAMA in the Championship game--I won't be watching this year's anyway! But, now what do we do? Geez! Go figure! WHY DID I DO THAT? I guess it's true, hindsight is everything. The good news is that all is ok, we didn't have a fire and it can be fixed. Of course, Terry is leaving  for Jamaica on Wed. so I guess I"ll be left to figure it out??? Let's hope it can be fixed before then!
'
OK, so the pix of the day???? Well, since the little birds have God providing for their every need and Mother Nature sending them to stock up, they are feeding like crazy on the bird feeders today! I stood in my bedroom window (hence the quality of the pix isn't as good as if I were standing beside them) but the little birdies  fly if they hear the slightest sound so I did good to get a pix of any kind. So, try to ignore the screen from the bedroom window! lol Be sure an notice the one on top of the feeder too! Looks like he's checking out the one flying in!


Count your blessings today! I know we did! Thankful today my stupidity didn't pay off and that I learned a lesson about that scary stuff called electricity!

"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather
into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not of more value than they?"

2 comments:

Konie said...

Me and You both know that we don't need bread and milk if we lose power. We need COOKIES!!! Remember me reaching over the "turned on " gas cook top to reach for a cookie, with my robe and layers of clothes hanging down IN the gas fire??? And me CATCHING on fire! And ya'll covering me in snow to get it out!!?? hehehe memories....and surely thankful you were there to save me!! WEll, how did the heater melt the socket??? Was it faced toward the socket??? Or was it just from being plugged in??? Nosey me:))) Also...do weeds grow under your bird feeders from the seeds??? just wondering....ken's got great places to put bird feeders outside the kitchen window. just wondering about weeds though..????

JaniceFry said...

Konie, I was telling Kelley just YESTERDAY about our SNOW EVENT! And,yes, about your almost demise .I still have nightmares seeing the sleeve of your robe being engulfed with fire. That was one of the most fun and most scary days in the memories of Royal Fern Lane!! I couldn't remember what you were making! I thought it was hot chocolate but you know MY memory! LOL...I had plugged a little heater in the garage for Jezebelle. I guess too much pull out there on that current---it MELTED the plug. Donnie Cantley came to the rescue yesterday and fixed and replaced it!.... Yes, sometimes weeds pop up but guess what else came up? BEAUTIFUL SUNFLOWERS!!!!! WE LOVE THE BIRDS (we're officially old people now!)!LOL