Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 27, 2011-- a fine day for a wedding!

Well, I can finally blog freely since I know we don't have someone peeking over my shoulder who shouldn't be!!! Now that I'm "private" I feel more secure , especially having a sailor who is serving our country! Anyway, now Patrick gave me the "go ahead" to start blogging about the best day in his life!  yessiree, Sunday was my baby boy's WEDDING DAY!!!!!!!! 


We woke up to very cloudy skies and COLD! yep, for Alabamians who have already had a taste of SUMMER how weird when it was in the 60's on Sunday morning!!!! Anyway, we laughed at the clouds and we headed to church. We were thrilled that Kelley's parents: Dan and Lea Ann Knuth went with us to church. It was a great service and afterwards we went our separate ways to chill out (and i mean that literally, it was CHILLY!) before we left for the church. Patrick and Kelley were originally planning on tying the knot in San Diego, you remember? well, that got postponed b/c Kelley landed in the hospital! So, all flights cancelled and soon we were wondering when Patrick would even be able to make it home! Long story short (who , me?), she ended up going BACK to the hospital and Patrick had had enough, he had to get here!  *to read more about that, check out my previous entry!
 So fast forward a few days! Kelley is out of the hospital (hurrah hurrah) and we quickly planned a wedding. How quick? Oh, let me see, maybe 5 days out??? HAHAHA! WE DID IT!!!!!!! 
The wedding took place in the prayer chapel at Riverchase UMC.
***** ATTENTION: JAN FRY "OFF THE TRACK INFO"*** NOW I MUST  GIVE SOME INFO HERE! when we were attending RUMC many years ago, I went to the then minister, Rev. Wright , and asked him if we (myself and another dear friend, Susan), could have a spare closet to make into a PRAYER CLOSET. He said if I could find a closet and empty it , it was OURS. So, that's what we did! We found a long closet and turned it into a Prayer CLoset. SUSAN Martin and I did it! We cleaned it out/painted it/put a chair/desk and music in there and a big ole bulletin board to put prayer requests on. It was intimate and cozy and OH SO AWESOME! We were so excited to have  a place where people could go and pray. we simply loved it. And I was pretty good about checking the prayer requests and keeping it tidy. It was da bomb!  A few years later, we left to attend Discovery UMC but the PRAYER ROOM continued and guess what happened???? It became a BIG Prayer room! they moved it, (boo hoo), but to a better and bigger space!!! I NEVER THOUGHT, in a million years, that 15 years LATER, my son would get married in the same Prayer Room we started from a seed of faith. GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!******


NOW, BACK TO THE WEDDING DAY!
We arrived a bit early (you know me!) With Laura/Katie/Jon and Big T and me. And as we rounded the corner to the church, guess what happened?!?!?! THE SUN BROKE OUT, it  was beautiful!!! (God was SMILING!)! We went back to the room and I was amazed at the big  beautiful Prayer Room!!! WOW, it has certainly changed from when I used to put prayer requests on a bulletin board and put my little "Jan Fry" notes everywhere! THIS is a bona fide beautiful place!!! An ALTAR/ a few pews/beautiful surroundings/candles/an authentic prayer shawl/pictures/and even remote lighting! What a beautiful place for my precious boy to say "I DO" to his love!
Soon everyone was there (took awhile. There are a lot of us Frys)and we were ready. Steve did the ceremony, he was Patrick's youth minister growing up and now Steve is a ordained minister. That made this even more special having him be the presiding minister at their wedding ceremony. The service was sweet and precious and beautiful and filled with God's promises. Steve talked about the THREE of them in the relationship. Kelley/Patrick and the Holy Spirit. How if one was missing, the marriage could not work. They must rely on each other and on God/Holy Spirit/Jesus. He asked those of us in there to support them and we all said in unison, "we will".  It was so beautiful and meaningful and while Patrick and Kelley were probably so nervous and excited that they didn't remember all that was said, that's ok, b/c Jon videotaped it all! LOL~  


Here are the first set of pictures. I made so many that I will probably be putting them on for a few days. See if you can figure out which "FRY" is which! I am so mad at myself for not getting a GROUP pix of all of us, geez!, but NEXT TIME. I will put up the reception (at Natalie's) in the next few days. I hope you will enjoy seeing our sweet Patrick and Kelley as they said their vows of love, out loud, to our waiting ears . 
God was there. God is with them now. And God will be with them in the future. I know. I felt His spirit blow a kiss against my face and I knew without a shadow of a doubt, that this was HIS doing.......














































































2 comments:

Konie said...

How perfect!!! Thanks for sharing:) Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All your babies are NOW MARRIED!!:):):)

mariannet said...

Oh Jan! What BEAUTIFUL pics! That couple was just beaming!!! Patrick looked so handsome and Kelley looks wonderful and so grateful for that!!! I wish them ALL the joy that life has to offer in their new lives together and with a soon to be beautiful baby boy!!! LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!