Friday, March 18, 2011

Blakely Elizabeth Fry

Blakely spent the night last week-end. It was right after the last picture that my camera just, well, DIED. I don't know what happened but I knew it was more than a battery problem. The button you push to take the picture wasn't working. Nothing would turn on, it was GONE. G-O-N-E. I had a mild stroke when it happened. Maybe a MAJOR stroke. Not stroke as in physical. MENTAL!!!! In other words, I flipped out. I cried. I paced. I shook the &kd98)$d thing and screamed too. Terry, Jon, Katie just stared. And then, all at the same time they jumped on their laptops and started searching. For new Canon cameras!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! I was definitely a DRAMA QUEEN when it happened! Here it happened the DAY BEFORE Katie's baby shower!!! THANKFULLY, she had brought hers at last minute. (hers is an amazing Canon, too!). I have my new little Canon but I wanted SUPER pictures. Only bad thing, Katie forgot her CHARGER. All chargers are different as are all the batteries. you would THINK all the batteries for the Canons would fit in all cameras, but, NO! So, here I was , taking her half charged camera and my little one. well, as you can see by the pix I made last week, not bad!!!! The latter part of the blog , where it looks like I started over making pix? well, I did, and those were made with katie's. Great Pix. OK. so back to Sat. night. After THREE HOURS of looking on every website known to man, we FINALLY found several to narrow it down to. I had been researching cameras and decided to go with the Rebel Canon T2i. After much research, it is very much like the bigger one, the "D" series but cost less. So, I had my heart sat on that one.  After MUCH deliberation (would take too long but KATIE/JON know!) we decided on ordering from Costco b/c their price was the best . Plus it takes 2 days total to get it! (yes, I got it TUESDAY after ordering Sunday!). Ok. so finally I hit the "SEND" button to Costco and immediately realized, I ORDERED THE WRONG ONE!!!!! After ALL THAT!!!!! GEEZ!!!! had it been the more EXPENSIVE one I would've kept it (haha) but it was the next model down. I almost freaked!!!!! But, in the end, cancelled it with no problems (another reason I love Costco!) and all was well. ..SOOO, the first pix I made with them I will load in a few days. BECAUSE I'm terrible with the files, etc. I just had them all go to iPhoto vs. my Aperture program. >>>>JON???? hahaha, NO WAY will I drive that poor boy crazy again with this stuff! I am DETERMINED to figure out how to do this!!! 


So, these are the LAST Pix made with my old (sniff sniff) Canon Rebel AE1. Rest in Peace, my sweet Rebel. You have served me well!!!! (wow, the amazing photos I have gotten with it!). I just hope the Rebel T2i can live up to it's legacy! I think so, from what I have seen so far! But for now, look at the LAST PIX with my old Rebel of our darling little Blakely!!!! 














































No comments: