Saturday, February 26, 2011

waterlogged

 Psalm 148:4-5
 Water. Life giving water. I was reminded all the ways we use it (and yes, sometimes, abuse it) this morning as I sat here and looked out the window at our lake. We have to have it to live. We are born in waters. We are baptized in water. We drink water. We bathe in water. We play in water. I believe, that most feel connected to God when we see great bodies of water, like I do! 


I have always LOVED the water! My mom called me her "little fish" because , when I was around 6 years old, I passed everyone else in my swimming class at the Downtown "Y" and have been swimming ever since! Actually, I remember going to camp and was the ONLY one who could swim in the deep water (which wasn't a lot of fun swimming alone! LOL!).  What KINDS of water do I love? I love all bodies of water! I love the Gulf of Mexico!!!!  Hey, I love BATHS more than anyone in the world! I'm a WATER FREAK!!!!!! I am "water logged" and love it.  What other water do I love? I love our beaches in Alabama and NW Fla. I love lakes. I love OUR little lake, here, where we live. It is called LAKE CYRUS. I love love love waking up each morning and seeing the sunrise over it. It calms my heart and eases my spirit when I am nervous or anxious. It gives me excitement to see the geese coming back after the winter months honking and honking all day long (they're back! LOL)! I love to see neighbors with their canoes out there fishing.*( One of my greatest memories was watching Patrick go fishing on our lake every day. I guess, for him, it was calming as well after a long day at school or just when he wanted to be by himself and relax. That boy loves the water too! Um, he's in the NAVY! LOL!) I love the grandkids to squeal with joy as they run to the fence to see the geese.  I love to see the reflection of the trees in the water. I love to see the ripples across the lake when there is a breeze. Most of all, I feel soooooooo connected to God when I am near the water. I could sit beside the lake all day long and meditate, that's how much I love it. I am so reminded how many times water is mentioned in the Bible and how relevant that is to me. I need water!!!!! I need it to survive. I need it to sustain my physical body as well as my emotional spirit. I remember going to Israel and we went to the River Jordan. THat was probably the highlight of my trip. I wanted to take a flying leap into that  very river where Jesus, Himself, was baptized. I didn't want to leave there when we had to go. It was moving and emotional. OF COURSE, I carried a bottle and filled it up to the brim. It is one of those "things"  I cherish and I have used some of that water in my grandchildren's baptisms and it meant the world to me to know that they were baptized with water from the River Jordan......But, let me state one thing very clear:  It's not about the WATER per se. It's about the GIVER of the water that means so much to me. I thank Him for giving us water to live. Living Water, you might ask? Or, if you KNOW, you are going "ahhhh! YES!" Yes, LIVING WATER that is  better than any of the other waters I have mentioned. Let me repeat: LIVING WATER. Without this LIVING WATER in my life, I could not truly live. Read about this LIVING WATER if you have never heard the story. It might change your life. Like it did for the Woman at the Well. And for this woman at the lake.
Read  the whole story again. Even if you know the story. It will fill you up until you spill over ......
JOHN 4: 1-29












2 comments:

Konie said...

huh hummmmm........:) 365???? :) How is Katie and Jon's friend that you emailed me about? On my mind so much.

JaniceFry said...

Miss K--it's called PROJECT 365. You make a picture every day for a year! It's pretty cool!.........Amy wasn't doing well at all yesterday. Back on Vent. Please keep praying for her.....love you