Friday, February 18, 2011

PAIN IN THE NECK!

Pain in the neck. Yep that's what I have. LITERALLY. So for my PROJECT 365 photo of the day, I am enclosing just a few shots of my visit to Dr. Marshall's office. Let me regress...
On Tuesday , I did a lot of shopping. I went to ByeBye Baby and got the babies some gifts, then to Wally World, Ross, Walgreens, you name it. LOTS of bags were in my car. yeah, lots. Well, when I FINALLY arrived home, I pulled up front and opened the trunk and tried to hang just about every bag on my body. That is what is called being LAZY. LOL. Anyway, I was loaded down (still not everything out of the car either!) and went to turn to pull my trunk down and I felt a strange, hurting pulling. I didn't think much of it , I just came in put that stuff down to make another trip to the car. By nightfall however, I was having some  pain in my shoulder area. Kind of like a bad tooth-ache, only in my shoulder area. YOu know the feeling, the throbbing pain? I took some advil and went to bed. But during the night, the advils wore off and I couldn't get comfortable. AT ALL. I got up and took 4 advil. Some relief, but believe it or not, I still had the pain. ANd so it went. Nights being the worst. Terry left yesterday morning to go to Palm Springs to play golf and he knew, when I couldn't get up off the couch, I was hurting (he has called me several times since he left telling me to "go to the doctor"!). I Had decided that if it was still hurting last night I would. Sure enough, last night was even worse. I got up and called and got an app't first thing. (thankfully, Dr. Marshall's office is less than 10 minutes from my house!). He mashed around on my shoulder/neck area and we pinpointed the pain. He said it was NERVE PAIN. And I asked, "So what does THAT mean?" and he gave a half smile and said, "the worst pain". Great.  He gave me 3 shots in the area that was hurting. The shots didn't hurt nearly as bad as the pain did!!! And he gave me 2 prescriptions. He said he wanted me to call the office and let them know if I was better on MOnday morning. If not, he wants me to go to Physical Therapy (he also showed me some "exercises" to do ). I went and got the prescriptions and felt light headed while in Walmart!!! It was weird, I kept saying to myself, "DO NOT FAINT, DO NOT FAINT!"haha! I made it out and home and so this is where I am now. Praying that the shots/meds and the little exercises will help me! I've had bursitis in both shoulders but this is MUCH worse. I just am praying that this , too, shall pass!
(I think TErry and I both need to go back to Cancun for some more healing!)!
 Acts 14:9 
"This man heard Paul speaking. Paul, observing him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed, said with a loud void, 'Stand up on your feet!' And he leaped and walked".....




No comments: