Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

Fast on the heels of our anniversary is VALENTINE'S DAY!!! *(oh and I forgot to mention, in all my anniversary blogging, that day before yesterday, was ALSO Jon's birthday!!! Poor Jon--Katie was sick and he didn't even get a b'day cake! That's ok, we're gonna celebrate it all over again this week-end!).....Yesterday, was cupid day! I was busy all day but did manage to get over to see a couple of the grands---Kemp/Daisy (this is when them being around the corner is sooooo convenient! Just wish we were closer in distance to Lily/Powell and Blakely~)! anyway, dropped by for a minute to hand deliver their Valentines (call me a cheapskate) and say hello! After a little visit, I came home to get ready to go to dinner at Old Overton Country Club. We had reservations at 7 so we headed out and got there to hear a string quartet and "love songs" sounding a lot like ole "Blue eyes" Frank! LOL! NICE to add to the whole  "Valentine Scenario!" THey had us a lovely table in the back with candles/flowers and special menu for the night! What a menu!!!! It was a delicious meal, HOWEVER, I could tell Terry wasn't feeling good even though he wouldn't admit it. When he ate just a couple of bites of his delicious fish and pushed it away, I KNEW he wasn't up to par. THe whole time he just didn't act right and when the waiter came by and the waiter asked him what he wanted for dessert, Big T said, "I'm really not feeling well". I quickly finished and and asked him if he was ready to leave and he said he was. Once home he said he felt really bad.  I felt terrible b/c I think he was miserable the whole time and didn't want to ruin our night.(He has been battling a stomach bug for a couple of days and I think he started eating too quickly again). Poor thing, I hated it that he felt bad because I DIDN'T feel bad and literally WOLFED down my steak and delicious salads, etc! I did tell him I was glad he wasn't sick LAST week-end when we were in Cancun! ANyway, hopefully he will feel better today b/c he has a trip to Palm Springs coming up on THursday!!!! I hope he feels like going!........Anyway, lovely night despite his feeling bad, it was nice to go to a nice place/by ourselves and enjoy the music and (for me) delicious FOOD! ...good news it that today Terry says he feels better. Fingers crossed. Prayers up!
















































 *Feel better, Big T. Love you.

No comments: