Thursday, October 20, 2011

My crafty surprises for Nat and Katie





Since Natalie, Katie and I are probably the biggest geeks around and will love these, I decided to make some surprise "costumes" (I guess you can call a mask and ears a costume!) for the "Not -So- Scary- Halloween Party"! Natalie always LOVED the EVIL QUEEN from Snow White. Love/FEAR relationship, I might say. She was SCARED of her when she was little, and then grew to LIKE her! LOL! Last year, I heard her scream with glee as the WICKED EVIL QUEEN stood in front of the castle. I tried to make some pix but they just weren't too good. BUT, you can see Nat's glee as she runs up to her anyway, despite not-so-good photos! All the Disney Characters STAY IN CHARACTER so when Natalie said, "oooh! My favorite!" The Evil Queen snorted and said,"Hmph! Reaaaally?!" in a very sarcastic voice  and shrugged her evil shoulders! It was hilarious. Soooooo, when I was looking on a Disney site, an EVIL QUEEN mask and decided to give it a whirl and surprise her with it on Sunday before we go to the Magic Kingdom. She will FLIP OUT! HAHAHA! I hope hope hope we can see her again and MAYBE I can snag a pix of TWO Evil Queens!!!!!...Poor Katie, always afraid of witches and evil queens (b/c her sister was one! HAHAHAHAHA), she loved Winnie the Pooh and Minnie Mouse. So, I had to think of something for HER to wear. PLEASE DON"T JUDGE ME ON MY CRAFTING TALENTS! LOL!!!! Remember these are elementary at best. But, it was fun and will give the girls a laugh. Of course , Kemp and Daisy will be dressed up but I'll save what they will be for when I get back! ....Here are my latest creations ! I implore you, again, please don't judge the pitiful crafter. I do better with scrapbooks and cards. HAHAHA! I am showing how I made it so if you want to try and make one (haha) you can!.......This will be my last entry until we get back.The weather forecast looks great for Sunday night so hopefully we won't have to use the ponchos I packed .(like we did last year!). It's going to be a HOWLING good time!


P.S. During the night I woke up and had an idea about making a game for the ride down. I decided on CAR BINGO b/c when my kids were little we used to play. I got up at the crack of dawn and started making it. I went online and , sure enough, there were some ideas for things to "spy" for Bingo! Maybe this will pass a little time up on the long ride down!*of course, these pix came up first! LOL






















No comments: