Tuesday, February 9, 2016

tomorrow begins my Lenten Journey


Well, as Mardi Gras comes to a close , I'm already thinking ahead to the coming days of Lent. What will I do in the morning when I immediately go to my desk and log on to the computer? YIKES! Instead, I am going to reach for a new book I am going to start tomorrow called "7". Found it in Lifeway so, doing that in addition to some other devotional books. Tomorrow night our church, Christ the King Anglican, will have their Ash Wednesday service and Terry and I have the honor of being readers. I LOVE being a reader at church!  My scripture will be a reading from the book of Joel. (Joel 2:1-2, 12-17. ...Last  year was our first Ash Wednesday at CTK. We were blown away by the service and the services leading to Holy Week and culminating with a glorious Easter worship. I am excited just thinking about it!

Signed off of Facebook....It's interesting but, I was thinking today, FACEBOOK! INSTAGRAM! TWITTER! Those words would've brought puzzled looks to my face even 10 years ago!  How life has been changed by social media! But in a good way, mostly! I can keep up with friends I wouldn't "see" otherwise! Friends made through Navy Moms/ cousins that live away or that I don't see often/family/ friends from high school. It's awesome, really! At the same time, just like anything "good" it has it's down sides. It's so easy for me to waste so much time on Facebook when I could/should be doing other things! Like housework? LOL! Or, as is brought to my mind during Lent, taking away from time I should be spending praying and studying the Bible. I crave this time with God. And there have been times when I have been on Facebook and look at the clock and realize that I spent a couple of hours of valuable time doing nothing but cruising around fb pages. Fun, yes. Beneficial? ummm, not so much. 

I'm going to start tomorrow, getting back to my studies as I mentioned, but also getting back to my craft room and back to writing. I'm not getting any younger and I need to spend some time using some of the gifts God gave me .....at the risk of losing them! My gifts are few, but I know the ones I have. And not using them is a detriment to my spiritual health!


So, I'll be blogging more. Crafting some. Reading lots . and Praying God will give me some new insights that I need to make me a better wife/mom/grandmother/friend. 


blessings.

No comments: