Saturday, April 2, 2011

Three B's! (births,best friends, best dressed!)!

For a day, things have settled down some! BAHAHAHAHA! ..Recap of  some of last week:
Patrick left (sad). Katie doc appt (good). Kelley doc appt  (good). Michael/Kadie/Lily trip to Fla (good). Natalie contestant in "B'ham's Best Dressed" (good). Visiting with Mimi/Judy/nephew/great nephew/niect (good). weather rainy/chilly (bad). Had Patrick's friend from childhood and his wife and baby girl over for dinner the night before he left (good)!.worked on scrapbooks  for awhile(good). Talked with Konie for 4 hours (good)* yes, you read that correctly! LOL*.  April Fools (fun AND I got pranked!)>! Soooo, all in all, a good week. Now, more details! LOL

I am so proud that NATALIE RUTH FRY HORNE was nominated for "Birmingham's Best Dressed"!!!! Not only that, she got to be fitted in a Nicole Miller dress and walk the red carpet. I didn't get to go (waaa) b/c Big T and I kept the munchkins but I kept up thro Brad texting and pictures Amanda posted on FB. She looked GORGEOUS. I guess I can brag? Anyway, she didn't win (bummer) but she didn't care (that's my girl!) she just wanted a chance to take a bite out of the BIG APPLE. That's ok, she showed everyone that a mother of 2 who also is an entrepreneur can still look gorgeous ! Thanks to her neighbor and friend, Amanda and Kelley for nominating her! She gave it her best shot and she looked great!

Before he left, Patrick/Kelley and I went to see MIMI. I didn't call her first, we surprised her! She was so thrilled to see us and we had a great visit. Afterwards, we met Judy/Chris/Amy/little Alan for lunch at Jim/Nick's Bar-B-Q. Patrick had been craving some good ole Southern "Q"! We had so much fun and got to see little Alan, too! Love those little boys!!!!!!

THEN, we had Carl, Keener and baby Charlotte over for dinner. Carl and Patrick have been friends since they were children. Our neighbor and friends! We love Carl! (Who doesn't love Carl?!) WOW, to see Carl's pride and joy over his beautiful baby girl? Made my heart swell. And to see these "little boys" now grown up and married and having babies? the best! But, my heartstrings are still pulled thinking about them riding bikes down Royal Fern Lane and fishing every day and just being funny little boys! In my mind, I will always see them with dirty jeans/on their bikes/ having not a care in the world!!!!

Now we are awaiting the birth of 2 baby boys! katie got the news that it "won't be long now". So, we are sitting on the "GO" button. In fact, Terry made me text Katie a little while ago and get the address of the hospital. Glad he asked, there are 2, I can see us getting lost trying to find it! LOL!!! So, we are excited and awaiting more joy coming to our family! These pix are out of order but there is no way I can go back and put them in the right order NOW! LOL...I do so love these with Mimi, especially. Here she is 96 years old and still "with it". A real blessing. Now, yeah, she does have short term memory loss, but otherwise, she's doing great. It's always bittersweet when we leave there b/c Patrick gets emotional when he has to tell her good-bye. But, these pix will always keep him reminded of her love for him (and now Kelley and soon to be RYDER)!.....
We are WAITING now. I have a feeling it won't be long till CARTER comes! I'm getting anxious and have already packed MY bag! Let's hope Katie has packed HERS! LOLOLOLOL!







































1 comment:

Konie said...

Beautiful pics!!!! So sweet! I got to meet Charlotte last night:) so so precious. And Carl and Keener are the cutest parents:) So proud as they should be:) Ben and Catherine's party turned out FABULOUS! Of course that's how I met Charlotte:))))) More babies around the corner!!! Keep us updated:)