Wednesday, April 6, 2011

just waiting....

No babies yet! everyone keeps asking! LOL....Kelley did get a great report from her doctor, Ryder is fine and so is she....Katie is doing fine ( a few interesting things going on, lol) but he is still cookin'. ...Yesterday I did a lot of running around getting things done that needed to be done before I leave for Madison. (like CAT FOOD. I know Terry would just DIE if he had to to buy cat food! LOL)!!! I ordered Katie's bump pix from Amanda Traywick for Katie (if you need a great photographer, check her out! Amanda is amazing and Katie's pregnancy pictures are beautiful!); got groceries/printer ink/went and got some gifts at BuyBuyBaby for Kelley / stopped by Ross and Walmart and LifeWay Christian book store to name a few! Everything is DONE. At least I THINK it's all done! ...Proud of Rachel for opening her new private practice and it's on HWY 31 practically across the street from Michael/Kadie! So excited for her!!! If you need a great Psychologist, please check out my Daughter-in-law!!! ...Got some pix enlarged for Kadie b/c she wants to make a gallery of pictures in her hall! It was fun looking at old pix and choosing some for her. All had to be vertical, which most of mine seemed to be landscape, but I did find a lot. A WHOLE LOT of CDS of pix since Lily/Kemp were born! The box that holds all my CD's of old digital pix was so heavy I needed a fork lift to pick them up. I groaned when I looked inside but kudos for me, for once, I had labeled the cases!!! I can't wait to see what she does with them. Kadie is so good at decorating and putting things together. I'll go over and make a picture of the PICTURE gallery. It made me feel good when she said she only wanted pictures I had made.  I just can't wait to see!!....Kelley came for dinner last night so that's the latest pix of her and also a pix of my dining room table with things I need to take with me to Madison when we "get the call"!
Hope I can post very soon about our newest little angel!

P.S. I am thinking of doing something called a LIFE PROJECT---it's a bit like the 365 Project (which, YES< for any naysayers I am still doing! BAHAHAHA). This is sam principle but you can start it at any time for events, etc. I LOVE It but TErry almost FREAKED when I mentioned buying ANOTHER scrapbook system! I have untold albums waiting to be finished upstairs in my craft room. (and downstairs in my DOWNSTAIRS craft room as well. Sad , I know!). HOWEVER< I am dying to do this, would love to meet the creator, Becky Higgins. I know , I know you're thinking, WHO IS BECKY HIGGINS? She is like the Matriarch of the Scrapbooking world! She has gazillions of ORGANIZED books on shelves (I have gazillions of finished books, but not in organized order!) but this is a totally different type which focuses more on "Day to Day" stuff vs. doing the creative, (but sometimes , more complicated), albums you make with scrapbook papers and embellishments. I know, most of you just stopped reading by now, but a few of you SCRAPBOOK aficionados (I hope I used that word right, I did do spell check on it but hopefully I used it correctly in the sentence! You know what I mean! Someone who loves scrapbooks! If I put the wrong word, please, laugh and correct me. LOL) Anyway for you who are scrapbook freaks know what I am talking about and understand my obsession. This new system is more about documenting things than making fancy pages. As I 'm getting older and wiser, I realize it's not all about the STUFF in the albums, it's about the STORIES in the pictures which is what the whole album is about. Right now I  am all about doing things FAST now and yet still cool looking. I will ALWAYS make the traditional books, (and even sell Fancy Disney World Vacation albums on my Etsy pages), but I definitely am looking towards doing things more efficiently and quicker in regards to my own family and events. Thus, I am considering buying the new system.  (first , I need to take out a small loan, OR sell lots of Disney albums! LOL).I mentioned it to Kelley last night b/c they will be in San Diego and it would be easy for her to make pages b/c it is fast and easy. I want to be able to see what this little family has been doing weekly in San Diego.  I know it's not for everyone (my other kids, haha), but Kelley watched the video about it online with me last night. Actually, she didn't have a choice, I just MADE her watch it! HAHA! *So, Kelley, you might be getting the system b/c you were such a good sport!!! ;)


More later. The above pix is the traditional way to scrapbook if you know nothing about it. I am working on an album for a special friend right now..... Sorry to get off on scrap booking tangent, I know some people have yawned and skipped this part, but it is a  passion of mine. I know it's not for everyone. Nor should it be, it's just my hobby. Stuff that bores me?  GOLF. I'm already yawning. Sorry, Big T... LOLOLOL

No comments: