Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Princely Lair

Here is a sneak peek at Prince Carter's nursery!!!! Yes, indeedy , it is FINISHED!!!! We are so glad that Carter now waited a couple more days , because we have finished his beautiful nursery! I love love love it!!! It's so sweet and just so like Katie would choose! I love the Armoire and in it are her own tiny hands and feet  imprints that were given to me by my friend, Carol Lloyd, a few days after Katie was born! I've kept them all these years and cherish  them still. How perfect they look in her baby's armoire!  Also pictures of baby Katie with my daddy, so special!!!! Also in are NEW things, such as a book recorded by Jon's dad/step mom /gifts and special things. It is those special items that make a nursery so warm and special....I asked her tonight , as she sat and rocked and was looking around, if she was happy with it and her eyes filled with tears and she said "it's more beautiful than  I could ever imagine it would be!" That just made me so happy!And, the great thing is, that Katie and Jon didn't go overboad spending money--they borrowed Kemp's sweet crib (see the teeth marks on it?) and bought a changing table from a consignment sale and bought lots of baby clothes at consignment sales as well. Plus gifts from her siblings and in-laws and us. All in all, the nursery is so special without costing a fortune! I'm so proud of them!!!!....As I looked at my beautiful, very pregnant baby girl, I was catpulted back in time.  Suddenly I was seeing myself, looking for the world so much like Katie, sitting in MY rocking chair and dreaming about what MY baby would look like, too, and trying to imagine being a mommy. There's nothing like a FIRST BABY. All babies are special, OF COURSE, but being a parent for the first time? Simply amazing. And Katie and Jon are going to be AMAZING PARENTS!!! I'm soooo happy for them!!! And remembering back to the day I became a mom to a baby boy, too. Memories that will always be so very special and  life changing. I kept thinking of the song, "Circle of Life". Indeed.


































No comments: