Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Mission Trip :Port Morant, Jamaica! Part One

I'm BACK!!!!!! I really don't even know where to start. And that, from someone whose fingers
usually fly on the keys with a life all their own! I'm not blank, but I just don't even know how to begin the past 3 weeks. I think I'll go backwards at first!

Today is the first day I have felt well since the day we left Jamaica! It was a rough patch, but thankful to David, my nephew, (and great doctor!) and the healing by God  Himself, I am feeling back to myself! Still not sure if I ate something that upset my tummy or picked up a bug, regardless, I was sick! but, back to health , I am now ready to post about our great (although short!), trip to Port Morant , Jamaica ! I will start now with the pictures from the beginning! I tried to make pictures of details of everyday life there. Mixed in with the incredible beauty, is the dark poverty that invades everything. What a contrast. Not unlike life, I believe. The beautiful mixed in with the darkness. The darkness being extreme poverty and invasion of drugs and the beautiful people , proud and with dignity at the backdrop of incredible floral eye candy to the ocean blue with shimmering whitecaps. 
Thus began my first trip to Jamaica. In one sweep of my eye I saw both  beauty and ashes in my first look at this island in the Caribbean. And so my story, mostly in pictures, begins....*for some reason, it always happens when I add pictures (I'm SURE it's user issues), they post in the wrong order. But, heck, maybe God wants them this random way as you can see beauty and poverty in the way they are randomly posted! (the Bibles and stuff are for the journaling class I would do so I made pictures of most that I packed. A LOT. But that's another story for tomorrow....stay tuned. It's gonna take me awhile to post all my pix and thoughts.  For now, just look at the stark contrast from the flora/fauna/beach to the floor in the grocery store. And this was just day ONE.


























































































































No comments: