Saturday, August 13, 2011

Prayers for children going back to school.....

I must say, our church did the most awesome thing last Sunday! After the service, our minister, Steve, had all the names of the students from Lakeview UMC , on the altar. He asked for every family to pray for a student this coming school year. I think that is AWESOME!!!! I got Lily Strange!!!! She is going to be a 5th grader. Granted, she's the preacher's kid so she's probably already getting a lot of prayers (haha) but add mine to her family's! I just love this idea and I'm going to add my Kemp and Lily to the those for Lily Strange as well!!!! I tied the name to a cross by my bed and plan on praying for her each morning and evening. Love that idea!!!! If you like this idea, pass it along to your church!
*(here are my grands that are going back to school! Lily: going to 2nd grade and Kemp going to first grade!) Also the name of the little girl I am praying for this coming year! Another Lily! Easy name for me to remember now that I'm an old lady! LOL)! I put Lily's name around a cross by my bed so that I see it first thing in the morning and before I go to sleep as a reminder.....!











Please, pray for a student this year!


Blessings and joy!

No comments: