Saturday, February 4, 2012

Touching base

Just wanted to TOUCH BASE with yall before Big T, Chi Chi and I head a little South to Destin.(Just a little b'day vaca for Big T!)!.... I have heard from several others, (thank  you!),sweet encouraging words and it encourages me with the study! THANKS THANKS THANKS...


Was thinking of something different to ponder---you know me, I like DIFFERENT!, for you to think about to keep you mindful of the lesson while you journal. I don't like too much of the "discipline" part of anything, haha,  so I wanted you , after identifying and trying to change anything that is keeping you from filling that fruit basket, to think like this a minute. Remember when you were in school and the huge blackboard that filled one whole (and sometimes BOTH) sides of the room???? SOMETIMES, if your teachers were like MINE, she would put NAMES ON THE BLACKBOARD of students who were being naughty. Of course, never having my name up there.....never mind, it's being HONEST SATURDAY, I forgot----anyway, remember how that felt? The peer pressure/the worry about the parentals finding out?  Having to write on the same blackboard, "I will never do such and such again" for 100 times??? Well, just for a  minute try to imagine God's blackboard. MASSIVE. HUGE. And you're standing there, in your little dress and pigtails trembling in your shoes as you await your sins being written on it. Not a crowd of peeps there. No way. Just you and the Almighty. He's not mad, in fact, He's sad. Because it's not fun discipling the child you love. There, on it, in glow- in -the- light -chalk are my sins. UGH. So,  how do I get them off? SOOOO easy and yet at the same time, sometimes soooooo hard!!! HOW? repent them off. Not just SAY, "I won't do it again, 100 times," but really make the effort.  THEN.....WHOOOOOOSH! As if God has this giant huge earser,  Those sins are erased!!!!!!!! GONE. Not one of them left for me or anyone else to see . I don't know about you but  when I was in school, we had people each week, when I was in elementary school, who were the "eraser fairies". (Couldn't use that term now b/c of being politically correct! HA!!!!). What we did was take the erasers outside to the brick wall and hit them together and watch the chalk fly off the erasers. To get the TEACHER'S eraser was the best. I can see us now----pounding those erasers and giggling and laughing with chalk all over our clothes/faces and each other.  Honestly, it was the job us kids loved more than going out to play! Because a certain number of us could go out and squeal with delight and get to beat off all the words that landed on the eraser during the day (like math! HAHA) and have some fun doing it! OH THE JOY!!!!!!!!! I think that's how we should feel when we let go of those things---it's freeing and fun and joyful! There. More of a postive (and I think, better!) way of letting go something worrisome for our good and to bring us into a joy unspeakable. And I think God smiles then, too. As all that chalk dust settles, He enters into our hearts with ever more closeness and love. (with a little bit of chalk dust....!)!
Love yall.




Don't be TOO jealous of me and Big T as we skip down to Destin with our little dog in tow. See ya Wednesday. From Destin!  *Here's where we're staying ! We went with my sister, Judy and bro-in-love, Robbie in Oct. and loved the place. Hugs



No comments: