Sunday, November 20, 2011

MY HEART BLEEDS CRIMSON (and white)! ROLL TIDE!

Yesterday was one of the most fun days I've had , well, since Disney World! LOL! Instead of going to Disney World, I went to TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA with my 2nd son, Michael to the Alabama/Georgia Southern game. It was a great day!!!!!! Our family, in case you didn't know (!), are HUGE Alabama fans. They are a few oddballs in the mix (hahahahaha), but for the most part we bleed crimson and white. I mean we LOVE THE TIDE! As I have mentioned before, I remember so well going with my Daddy to the games when I was in middle and high school. We would DRESS UP then, everybody did!!! In the early Fall, we would BURN UP and late Fall, FREEZE! HAHA! I went to games all thro high school, dated a few Alabama guys, so I was always up to go to Legion Field , again, dressed to the nines in heels/new outfit and NO COAT (wasn't cool). THAT is why I would freeze! HAHAHA! ...Charles has season tickets and when he can't go, he gives them to Michael. Charles was on a business trip and so Michael got the tickets and asked me to go with him. Number one I was thrilled (even after HINTING for weeks! HAHA) and number two, enjoyed one on one time with my #2 son. We walked and walked and WALKED (he warned me!)!. But, oh how much fun it was. Perfect weather---cloudy and cool, then got warm--for about an hour I was roasting in my sweatshirt, but soon it got cooler again. Perfect. The game was great. That Southern Georgia team is AWESOME!!! I see why they are number one in their division!!! They gave the Tide a run for their money! They ran the Option (we used to play the Option when I went to the games years ago) so our boys are familiar with it now. Took some adjusting to figure that out! Like two RUN BACKS FROM KICK OFF?!?!?!  Good Lord, I thought I was going to have a hissy fit! (Southern term for Freak out! LOL)! ANYWAY, we were never behind and won 45-21, but still!!!.... Just a great day with my sweet boy. I enjoyed it and as I told him, "It was one of the best times I ever had with him". Truly. God has certainly blessed me with 3 incredibly sweet/loving boys . (oh, yeah, girls, you too! LOL!)!!!!!!
NEXT SATURDAY IS THE IRON BOWL. I will stay true to Bama and be CLASSY and just say ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






























































2 comments:

Catching up with the Cullens said...

Rammer Jammer! BEAT AUBURN!

SO glad you got to go to the game! :) Sounds and looks like you had a blast!

JaniceFry said...

AND WE BEAT AUBURN! WHat is better than THAT?!?!?!?!