Sunday, July 10, 2011

ARMADILLOS! EEEEKS!





For the past couple of weeks we have been under attack. Yes. We. Have. The attack of the ARMADILLOS!!!!! OMG, I almost had a complete come apart when I saw a small HERD of those creatures running past my window. Somehow I had the withall to grab my camera and shoot pix of them as they scurried past!!!! I got TWO Of them on film! Well, that sent me almost into a frenzy. I was terrified of the horrible looking creatures. If you are reading this blog and are not from ALABAMA (or TEXAS haha), then you might never have seen one of these (gross) creatures. Surely cousins to our other UN-popular O-Possum, these animals are nocturnal as well. Yes, the sneaky things rumble about in the gardens of unsuspecting folks wreaking havoc on flowers and bulbs--anything with long roots! It was just brought to my attention (KRISTI! LOL) that they are also BLIND!!!! So, loud noises scare them. (almost as much as their presence scare ME!). Well, on Friday, Laura was here and I heard her scream---she called to me and I ran outside and there, out in DAYLIGHT were 2 armadillos in my FLOWERS!!!! I SCREAMED MY HEAD OFF but did run and COURAGEOUSLY got my camera and made PICTURES! UGH!!! I was screaming the whole time!! I have followed these creepy creatures on FaceBook and have had fun with all the comments. I have even NAMED them (if you can't kill 'em, name 'em!) and so here they are:
ARTHUR (yes, it was brought to my attention that is a famous Aardvark's name but so be it)/Annabelle/Armando/Karl and a new one, BEEZUS. Ok, so there they are. Nasty little fellas/girls but as someone pointed out, God did create them! HAHAHA! ANd, they DO eat slugs/scrubs. (what is a scrub?). ANyway, add to that, my  next door neighbor, Don, saw me at the mailbox yesterday and said, "Jan, I just thought I'd warn you WHAT I FOUND IN MY GARAGE..."!!!!!!!!! OH YES! He found THREE (wonder who it was? Annabelle? Arthur? Karl?), and he chased them out. BUT, he said he kept (ok, this will give you chills but here goes.....) "I heard SCRATCHING SOUNDS for TWO DAYS". Finally, he found out why. Three guesses. BEEZUS was in there! OMG!!!!!!!!! He kicked her with his shoe (He freaked when I told him they can carry leprosy!) and said he scurried off. UGH!!!!!!!! SO NOW I AM HAVING A  STROKE THINKING ABOUT ONE GOING IN MY GARAGE! OMG!!!!!!!!   Yes, I am a freak about ANYTHING that crawls or moves. And I WON'T be walking in my backyard anymore WITHOUT A FLASH LIGHT!























No comments: