Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What a crazy 5 weeks!

HELLO! It's definitely been a crazy few weeks! First , to have 2 brand new baby boys! We are loving having #6 and #7 arrive so close together! The baby boys are doing great and already growing!!!


The past week has been rough, however!!!! katie called me , literally screaming, with a horrible pain in her tummy. Of course, I am in Birmingham and she is in Madison, a couple of hours North. I almost panicked telling her to calm down but she was on the floor rolling in pain. The baby was on her bed and Jon didn't answer his phone. A mother's nightmare. I finally got her to calm down enough to keep trying Jon. He was in a huge meeting but she texted him "911" their code for emergency. He got home in less than 10 minutes! She got her doctor and after what seemed an eternity they got to his office. Immediately he said he could tell she had gall bladder issues. They scheduled her for an ultrasound . Terry brought me to Madison and after the test, (she was feeling much better ) we decided to await the results in Birmingham. The next day they called and the surgeon wanted to see her. Terry took her back to Madison and they met Jon at the doctor's office. YES< she had a bad gall bladder that needed to come out ASAP. Sooo, it was schduled for this past Monday. But, we had to get to Monday first! In a nutshell, she had a terrible week-end. 3 horrible gall bladder attacks! But, we made it thro as hard as it was. Yesterday, the gall bladder was sent to the GALL BLADDER GRAVEYARD!!! After we got home, she was lying on the bed crying. I asked her if she was ok and she said, "I feel so much better, I am just crying with relief and thankfulness". God love her!!!!! She was finally feeling relief!!!!!!!! Now all she has to deal with is soreness and not being able to lift the baby for a few days so GranJan is HERE! helping with the small tasks....My heart is overflowing with thankfulness to surgeons and nurses who contribute to miracles every day. Katie has a miracle and I will be forever thankful. Also thankful to my sister/brother-in-law for texting me when I was so worried and giving me advice about Katie. (it's the best having a doctor in the family!). When ROBBIE was worried, I almost had a panic attack. If she hadn't gotten better late Saturday afternoon, we would've gone to the emergency room in B'ham!But, she made it thro. Medicine and prayers! Prayers from family and friends mean more than any medicines even! I BELIEVE GOD HEARS AND RESPONDS TO URGENT PRAYERS! And those were urgent!Also , a big thanks to Jon's mom, Charlene, for coming sooooe early yesterday morning so that I could go to the hospital with Jon and Katie. "G"got to have some special cuddle time with her grandson!


Another sad day, Kelley and Ryder are gone to Orlando!!! On Saturday, when Katie was having the worst attack, Kelley/Ryder (along with her parents and brother) were loading Kelley up and moving her back to Orlando. Thankfully, Katie's pain eased enough that we were able to go and see them. It was THE hardests good-bye I've ever had. Even worse than when Patrick goes back. I couldn't stop sobbing and even now, writing about it, makes me cry. I HATE GOOD-BYES. And how I miss that baby boy. And Kelley ! I love that sweet girl and miss her texting me and dropping over for dinner or meeting her out for lunch. Lily has had a hard time with her leaving and both of us sobbed after they drove off.  Having been here with Katie has helped keep my mind off them leaving but when I get home, it will be a sad reminder that both my baby grandsons live away from me. SOOO, I make every moment count! I'm rocking and spoiling Carter and loving the sweet smell of him! I found one of Ryder's tiny onesies and I hold on to it like a security blanket! I miss him so........


Sorry this is a "downer" blog entry but I said I'd be real. I love to laugh/I love to try and be witty! But I also am a BIG OLE CRY BABY and some days? Well, I have to wear waders b/c  I am wading in my own pool of tears. Thankfully, God sends me those rainbows for days like these......







Jon's mom: "G"









sucking his thumb!

 Saying good-bye before we went to the hospital


 SURGERY OVER! LET THE HEALING BEGIN!

P.S. these pix are from here, in Madison. I don't have my other files here b/c they are on my Mac at home. So these are some I have made from our time here while helping Katie out. I'll post more when I return! (and hopefull, catch up on my blogging!)!!!!!

2 comments:

Konie said...

Thankful for Katie's health! also was wondering where you were? :))

Larissa said...

So grateful all is well! BIG HUGS to you, and your sweet family (but gentle ones to Katie b/c I don't want to hurt her)!!