Monday, June 6, 2011

Life in the FRY-ST lane.....

Here are some of the faces that Terry loves.......

Memorial Day cutie

SASSY!



Daisy "Chatting" with Carter in Madison



He's listening !

Seeing my sweet Ryder


He's growing!
 





Big T packing his CANDY for his trip to Jamaica! (busted, Big T!)!

This is the way a guy packs.....!


The REAL love of Big T's life....

Four A.M.


Doc comes to take him to the airport! (THANK YOU , DOC!)!


Weighing the suitcases

Good-bye for a week!


When I had all 5 kids at home, I remember MANY TIMES thinking, "ONE DAY, when they are all grown, I will have so much time by myself that I probably won't know what to do!" WRONG!!!!!! I'm at that point now, and guess what? I'm JUST AS BUSY as I was before kids! LOLOLOL!!!! In fact, SOMETIMES , I am MORE busy! Granted, I DO have "DOWN TIME" that I never seemed to have back in the day, (Like my favorite PORCH TIME with Big T---glass of wine/watching the birds/chatting about our day and life) , but STILL, I seem to never have DAY-time where there is enough hours. I always feel this incredible PULLING from God to do certain things and yet, when I start trying to figure out WHAT THAT IS, I seem to get side-tracked. I KNOW I'm A.D.D., for SURE! I start one thing---even like cleaning the house for instance, and suddenly I have an idea for an album page and I stop making the bed and run and do it. Then, I remember that I have some errands or have to go to the bank. Or, get the call to pick up a grandchild at school. Any number of things that come at me to keep me from focusing on one thing for very long!! It's almost frustrating!!!! AND, don't forget, I have FIVE CHILDREN. That's a lot of kids. Add to that number FIVE in-laws. And add to THAT 7 grandkids. (granted, I don't have anywhere NEAR what my sister does who ALSO has FIVE children/5 in-laws and , you ready, EIGHTEEN GRANDCHILDREN!) , but there aren't many peeps that have that many kids these days! (EXCEPT, my  niece, BECKY, who has, ahem! , FIVE BOYS!!!! Think: GROCERIES!!!!). So, say you have 3. THat's a good many kids, right? And 4! A perfect number. And lots to do. But those FOOLS who used to say to me, "oh well, so you're having another one. What's ONE MORE going to make a difference?" WHAT  IDIOTIC  THINGS people say sometimes! (just ask BECKY, does one more make a difference?!) UM, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not that I would CHANGE A THING, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my life. I feel OVER AND BEYOND blessed. ANd I truly mean that. I feel SPECIAL to have been given such blessings. But, with BLESSINGS, also comes WORK. In fact, now that they are grown, more blessings have "sprouted" up. But with those blessings, comes the hard part of sometimes not being able to see each one of my kids/grandkids like I'd like to. Case in point>>>>>Kelley and Ryder are fixing to move to San Diego to finally meet up with Patrick! My heart SOARED with JOY over this news. SOOOOOO incredibly thrilled to know they can FINALLY start their lives: TOGETHER as a FAMILY. The SELFISH part of me is that I will grieve and miss them terribly b/c I can't run down the street to hug and kiss my precious new grandson like I would like to!!!!But, I really can't complain, I know we can fly out there whenever we want (well, ALMOST whenever we want!) and thank God for SKYPE where we can see our loved ones "LIVE".  Check out the "LIVE" pix I made while SKYPING both Carter AND Ryder!!!


Terry has been in Jamaica for a week. There have been terrible floods there since he arrived and he said he had NEVER seen rain like that before. Roads were washed out and cars have been flooded. Praying he can get out so that he won't miss his flight! While he was frustrated this trip b/c of the rains, he was able to spend more time just talking with the people there , than probably ever before, because they couldn't work. They had lots of prayer time and were able to talk out the issues and problems that are affecting the people that he loves so much there. I am reminded of the story of the man standing on the beach throwing starfish back into the ocean. A man was watching him to do this for hours. Finally, the man walked up to the one throwing the star fish into the sea and said, "What are you doing?" and the man throwing the star fish replied, "I am trying to save them". The other man laughed and said, "How can you save those? There are millions more dying!" And the man continued throwing the starfish without even looking at the one speaking and said, "yes, but I saved THOSE". 
You have to start somewhere. I applaud my BIG T for trying to help those few in a land where there are so many who need help. 

No comments: