Friday, February 25, 2011

Ryder Patrick: Coming Soon!


Today I went with Kelley to see RYDER via ultrasound in the 4-D ultrasound pix! It was so exciting to see my other little grandson, just like Carter, rolling around and growing in his safe little nest!! TWO baby boys! My babies, Patrick (Kelley) and Katie (Jon), having babies at the same time! Who can believe it??? I almost feel guilty writing about these healthy babies we have "cookin'" b/c my heart still hurts for Katie and Doug in the loss of their baby 2 weeks ago.(Right now, they are experiencing so much sadness and we are feeling so much joy. I do know that God is beside them, walking and crying WITH them,and there will be many blessings ahead for this couple, I am sure, in the future, but for now, this is the Valley this young couple must travel as sad as it is)
Today was so exciting! To actually SEE Mr. Ryder moving and waving. He was ASLEEP (um, sounds like his DADDY! LOL), but he was still moving and waving his tiny arms and legs. There is something so satisfying, seeing a tiny baby in their cocoon. AMAZING is a better word probably. I remember I got to have one of the first Ultrasounds when I was pregnant with Katie! And back then, it was just this tiny TV looking screen and I couldn't figure out her thigh bone from her head! LOL! Now, you can SEE, not only the faces/arms/legs, but actual FACIAL FEATURES.Just amazingly beautiful *(HEY! ANd NO CRYING! Just a sweet QUIET BABY!!!!! HAHAHAHA!)!. I just can't believe it, watching them roll and move and stretch and open their tiny mouths. MIRACLES. Why do people say "there are no miracles anymore"??? Hey, naysayers: I just saw one! People take for granted the miracles all around them. I know I do. I'm a "people" and I do that too. Sadly, we get in the "ho hum drum" of life sometimes and take for granted so many things. Like how God creates babies inside a mommy's tummy. All the miles of arteries/heart pumping/eyes blinking/fingers/toes/brain/arms/legs. WE TAKE THEM FOR GRANTED. I had 5 incredibly healthy plump babies. I watched them grow into children/teens and, now, adults. I sometimes STILL take for granted the fact that they are all healthy and happy and productive and God's Children even now. I was reminded of that today. I once had my babies rolling and turning in my big belly.And I'll never forget that feeling either. Not only that, I have 5 (almost 7!) beautiful gifts from God : Lily, Kemp, Daisy, Powell and Blakely! OUR GrandANGELS! That in itself is the biggest blessing that Terry and I have. Not our house (which I love but it's just, basically a roof over our head)/not our money (or lack thereof!)/not ANYTHING but our children and grandchildren. I could give up EVERYTHING and WOULD for their lives.I am blessed over and beyond and today, seeing RYDER PATRICK today and feeling Carter last week-end roll and bump ( in utereo) what a BLESSING it is and, makes me realize it even more. Of all our MANY MANY Blessings, we ask God, each day, for healthy family and babies. If we get bonus blessings? Well, THANKS  GOD, those are icings on the cake! But for REAL, today ,I am thanking Him for our family and keeping us all under the shadow of His wings....... And bringing us more joy than we could've ever dreamed possible........





RYDER AND CARTER????


GRANJAN CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH ALREADY!

















1 comment:

Konie said...

WOW....untrasounds sure are amazing these days!!!!! Thanks for sharing:) Also...just read the blog before this one. Baby Bryant (Marci and Brandon's baby) is buried in the same circle for babies at Jefferson Memorial. Beautiful area for these little angels:) We just keep praying for all our little and big ones:) Even after birth.......