Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cinqueterre, Italy

Cinqueterre , (spelled different ways but this is how the Italians spell it!) ,is a place Yvette mentioned going when we all "threw in the ring" places we wanted to visit while on our trip. I'm sure glad she did! On the coast, it was absolutely gorgeous beyond belief. the trip took about 3 hours but so worth it. It was different than how I imagined--I didn't realize you would drive up , up, up the mountain to get there. And suddenly we were there and we were by the water, too. So interesting. I loved walking up the steep hill to the top where we had lunch. Little houses over places of business , with lines of clothes flapping in the breeze (nobody in Italy has dryers, apparently! LOL). I loved seeing "the wash" hanging from windows, that was just how I imagine it would be!!! I loved the fruit stands and of COURSE, the shops where we could find those special things to take home! Souvenirs and soaps and dish towels and magnets and scarves! So much I wanted to buy but didn't have ROOM in the suitcase! As it was, I was over in weight on the way home! Duh! This was a great and fun day. But, then, is there ever NOT a fun day in ITALY?































































No comments: